Sunday 1 February 2015

That's That Done, Then

Dry January is complete. The beer has remained unquaffed, the wine has remained unsuppted, the raki has remained stoppered in the fridge. (Where it may well stay - ever drunk raki?)

As for the benefits - I'm sleeping a bit better, my weight has dropped (although I've also been hitting the gym like a fiend), and my skin looks fine. On the other hand, I can't say it's been a really huge difference. But not a bad one.

Mainly, I think I have learned how much I really like beer, and that orange and soda is not an adequate substitute.

Then again, orange and soda doesn't attract advertising like this or this, so I guess it's swings and roundabouts. Onwards to Tuesday night, and the ceremonial First Pint of 2015. I can taste its sweet, refreshing nectar now.

No comments:

Post a Comment