Sunday 1 April 2012

Not Happy When The Sea Is Closed

The sea was closed today. By which I do not mean it had hung a sign on its door saying "Closed, opening hours 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday", I mean that when I went in to get my tank filled at my local dive shop, I asked the instructor hanging around having a cuppa if he'd been diving.

"Yes."
"What was the vis like?"
"Crap. To use the technical diving term."
"Bugger. To use the technical diving term."

The alternative was Lake Ellerton. If you've read my blog before, you'll know my feelings about this. It's not actually that I hate Ellerton, or that I've taken a vow never to go there again. It's just that it's as far as Catterick, and I'd rather not drive all the way down the A1 (and pay for the petrol) to have a slightly worse dive that I would have in the sea - I'd rather save the money and do something else, like go to church or go to the gym or go for a walk.

Anyway, I'm off to the Farne Islands next weekend, so tune in then for tales of seals!

No comments:

Post a Comment