Monday 19 July 2010

An Interesting Approach to Cycling Hydration

I swear I am not making this up.

I just crossed the road outside the Civic Centre, which is both a pedestrian crossing and a crossing for cyclists using the cycle path near St James' church. A woman pedalling a racing bike with two holders for water bottles on the frame came past me. (Common for people doing long rides: one is for an energy drink, one is for water, usually one is mounted on the seat post tube, and the other on the bottom tube between the pedals and the handlebar.)

I thought "Those are unusually big water bottles".

Then I looked more closely.

She had, and again I swear I'm not making this up, a bottle of white wine in one and a bottle of red wine in the other. I'd have taken a picture if I'd had my camera in my hand.

I'm not sure what my reaction is. On the whole I think "gobsmacked" would cover it.

No comments:

Post a Comment