Saturday 18 January 2014

Dryathlete

I'm doing the Dryathlon challenge, where I give up the booze for a month to raise funds for Cancer Research. (Sidenote: if you want to do Dry January and you mean it about giving up for the month, do it for charity and tell everyone.) I've occasionally wondered if I'm overdoing the booze. That, or hitting thirty a few years back really did for my ability to drink and not get hangovers that stick around for whole days. So, Dry January it was.

So far it's going well. I feel better. Sleep better, less depression, more energy.

On the other hand, I'm yet again helping run the consultation on Newcastle Council's budget for this year. Sitting in a pub and refusing the beer? Easy. Surviving a week of that project and not getting home and diving into the Chardonnay? Not so easy.

Two weeks to go. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment