Monday 1 November 2010

Shiny Things, Shiny Things, Shiny Things (NEC Dive Show)

Or in other words, I went to the National Dive Show last Saturday, where I bought stuff (but not too much), tried out a breathing exercise with the Notanx Freedivers, drank a few shots of free rum, and tried out a closed-circuit rebreather. (Not, I hasten to add in that order.)

The rebreather was interesting. A bit frustrating. I'd have liked to see how it felt to swim with it on. Unfortunately you couldn't put fins on in the trial pool, and trying to push that much gear through the water without fins gave an interesting insight into what it would be like to be a turtle on its back. Other than that, it was interesting.

More long posts coming soon as and when I get chance to write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment