Tuesday 23 March 2010

Some of My Favourite Quotes

Some of my favourite quotes of late:

From Rob Hunt's "Never Mind the Buoyancy" column in Sport Diver magazine:

"It's not that I'm against people "having their say" (except when it's in regard to why I haven't done the washing up), it's just that when that say is from someone who is massively ill-informed, I should be able to push them off a chair."


From Jonah Lehrer's article "Our Horizons" in the Observer:

"There should be an adjective (a synonym of sober, only worse) to describe the state of mind that comes from waiting in the orange glare of a streetlight [in the early hours of the morning] before drinking a cup of coffee."


And an all-time classic from Kurt Vonnegut:

"In the event of car alarms, every neighbourhood should have a bazooka, with a responsible adult knowing where to find it." (Timequake)

1 comment:

  1. Very satisfying quotes.

    I think that Jonah Lehrer's quest for an adjective is easily resolved: uncaffeinated.

    ReplyDelete